Sunday, June 10, 2007

Of Mice and Cats

The defender of the homeland!!



Yup, mice in the basement. We'd stored bird seed down there until a mouse chewed up the bag and made a big mess. That was a couple months ago. Well the mouse (mice) is back and chewed through a large Omaha Steaks styrofoam box, made a heck of a mess, and there was poo everywhere and I mean everywhere! I cleaned up some of it (more to do) and put out 4 snap traps. First night: 2 dead mice.

Bec thinks the big one was a field mouse, while the smaller one is a house mouse. Either way, they're dead. I tossed the mice into field behind the house to give the other mice a warning. Thus far no additional kills (last 2 days), so I guess they are paying attention.

I am a lean, mean hunting machine.



In other news, Chessie and Nick get along just fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought Rebecca was the mouser of the house? Bob